Stop Asking these questions in Interviews
1. Why are you leaving your current company?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Why should we hire you ?
4. What are your weaknesses?
In case you have not noticed, good people hate these questions.
Replace these questions above with:
1. Here is why you should join our company
2. Here is where we see you in 5 years
3. What else is important to you to make a decision to join us ?
If we want to hire smart people, we should stop asking stupid questions.
What happens if candidate start responding like :
“What are your weaknesses ?” – “I do not react well to stupid questions.”
“Why are you leaving your current company ?” – “Well, I am not leaving yet.”
“Why should we hire you ?” What do you expect me to say, something immodest ? Or something I looked up on the Internet yesterday ?
“Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?”
“In the mirror.” or “At a company that asks smart questions on interviews”.